The Arkansas Pro Chapter is looking to fill two vacancies on the Board of Directors. Check out the following duties and responsibilities of board members and consider applying. Applications are due by midnight Wednesday, Nov. 2. Two people will be selected at our monthly board meeting Nov. 9 to complete the current term, which runs through June.
ARKANSAS PRO CHAPTER BOARD
Duties and Responsibilities
To ensure the health of the Society of Professional Journalists Arkansas Pro Chapter, the members of the Board of Directors must be current on national dues and local chapter dues, if applicable, and be accountable for the following duties and responsibilities:
The Board of Directors meets monthly, and sometimes calls special meetings via phone or email. Board members must attend a minimum of nine monthly meetings during their July-to-June term of office, but strive to make it to all meetings or phone in. Absence from three consecutive meetings, or four or more monthly meetings during their term, will result in the appointment of a new director to the position.
Board members must actively participate in at least one of the following chapter committees: Freedom of Information Act, Programing, Contests, Membership and Marketing, or any other special committee designated by the president. Active participation may include planning at least one event in a year, advancement of the FOIA through lobbying, contributions to the chapter’s website, newsletter or social media campaigns, or other efforts determined by the board.
SPJ Arkansas Pro Chapter Board Member Application
- Are you an SPJ member? If so, how long have you been a member?
- Do you have any past experience in SPJ at the student or professional level?
- List any boards, committees or organizations you serve in.
- Which SPJ committee(s) are you most interested in serving on?
Programming, Marketing/Membership, FOIA, Contest, 2018 Regional Conference committee
- List a brief work history and any journalism/leadership awards you have received.
- Why do you want to serve on the SPJ board?
- What is one thing you would like to accomplish as a board member?
Submit completed application to Chelsea Boozer, SPJ Arkansas Pro president, at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Wednesday, Nov. 2.